Friday, October 29, 2010

Another one bites the dust



So now that Halloween is upon us, my mind is already shifting gears, checking off another holiday, and looking forward to the next things coming down the turnpike like winter and the next holidays. I was up in Park City earlier this week, and it snowed the whole day, it wasn't even their first snow day this year, the only thing I could think was how sorry I felt for them having their winter start so early! You might have guessed I am not the biggest fan of the cold. As for us we are all geared for when our winter here hits, coats (check), gloves and hat (check, check), boots (check)! Now we just need to make room for them in the closet by getting the Halloween costumes in all their bulky glory cleared out!






Well if you're getting ready for the impending cold too I know I have mentioned it before, but we are bursting at the seams (literally) with some really good stuff for winter! We are putting out as much as we can fit (four racks of coats, four baskets or bins of hats and gloves that are sooo cute, and sections dedicated to snow boots, pants and bibs! So stop by the store to check, check, check items off your winter list! Oh, and if you are needing to unload the Halloween costumes that the kids wore once or twice, don't store 'em! We take them even the day after Halloween, so you can get some store credit for the stuff coming down the turnpike at your house!






This week's giveaway is for a large Cheerful Giver Candle over at Sweet Lizzie's! If this won't warm your house with the delicious scent, then I don't know much else that would! These are awesome candles that have around 150 hours of burn time(for the large size), and even taking off the lid will give the room a great smell! There are several scents to choose from from fruity to floral to those baking scents that smell like you just baked sugar cookies! We have carried these at Sweet Pea in the past, these are every bit as good as the other candles on the market right now if not better!!! Post a comment to enter to win and the winner will be drawn on Tuesday this time since this post has come late this evening!



P.S. Check out the Sweet Lizzie's Blog this week, there are scrumptious new arrivals in furniture and sweets! http://www.sweetlizzies.blogspot.com/





11 comments:

  1. I love opening my candles just to get the smell! I do that with my scentsy wax too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am a sucker for a good smelling candle-so i could win this one, it would be okay!!and thanks sweet pea already came in and scored winter boots for my 3 year old.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a good smelling candle, but not as much as my husband! I know, a little funny, but at least he likes good smells!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i have never been a fan of those baking candles, but when cleaning out my daughters room i came across an old dried up one. i hate to throw anything away until it is good and used so put it on my candle warmer to see what would happen(i couldn't even light it with a match). when i got home i thought my mom had been here baking homemade pumpkin pies. it smelled so good i wanted to cry. but that's not possible cause she passed away a year ago. would love to win a candle to light and bring back some of those good memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YAY...candles in the winter are my fav!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love candles especially ones that will make my house smell yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate the cold too, but candles do make it bearable!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the fruity candles. They smell so good in my home. I also need to come look for winter boots.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I bought all 3 of my girls boots from Sweet Pea. What a great deal!!! I love candles-Hope I win :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Thanksgiving! {already!!!} I need to come in a get some jeans for my toddler.

    ReplyDelete